Thursday, December 1, 2011

Real Talk: Pretty Powerful

A couple months ago, my good friend Dayna convinced me to join a competition held by Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.  I decided 'why not?' and entered to be Bobbi Brown's "Next Pretty Powerful Face" for Hawaii, messaged a few friends on Facebook and... won! So thank you if your were one of my friends who voted and are reading this!  A lot of them went above and beyond, posted it on their walls, sent it to family members, voted from different computers, etc.  I am so ecstatic!!  According to the founder, Bobbi, the Pretty Powerful campaign is:
Celebrating my belief that all women are pretty without makeup - and can be pretty powerful with the right makeup.  Beauty comes in all ages, colors, shapes and sizes.  It's not about looking like someone else or trying to be someone you're not.  It's about figuring out what works for you and making the best of what you've got.  Loving yourself is key - and makeup can help you get there. Pretty Powerful 2.0 is about being pretty.  It's about being confident.  And it's about being who you are.
I think the message is absolutely empowering to all women and I just felt compelled to blog about it.  I really believe that no matter how much make-up you put on, your inner-self will shine through no matter what.  Like in my Ugly on the Inside blogpost, I am a firm believer that before you work on your outer appearance, you have to work on your inner appearance.  I have met people who I thought were beautiful at first impression, but upon getting to know them, you start noticing that their inner personality really affects what they look like.  I don't know if any of this makes sense but you know when you meet a someone and their inner beauty really shines through? That's what I think everyone should strive for.  Make-up should simply be an enhancer, not something that changes who you look like completely.  My friend sent me a hilarious picture:


As funny as that is, it's pretty ridiculous.  I noticed that in Japan, a lot of girls look exactly the same, due to their make-up, hair, clothing, etc.  Why would you want to be a clone of everyone around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment